Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall 2011 Challenge Entry #7

From Laura Roberts (Washington Co, Oregon)

I live in a tree house with superheroes as my next door neighbors. Organizing them to fight evil is my mission in life. Every morning I wake up and eat my sugary cereal in my purple bowl with my blue spoon. Next to my bowl is my favorite swan cup filled with apple juice. I catch the morning news by turning on the cartoon channel before I walk out my screen door to work. Jump roping to work I’m paranoid that villains will try to kidnap me with a spin jump. At work its utter chaos of managing egos but luckily I have my coloring book with my fuchsia crayon to distract me from the stress. Skipping back home I can’t wait to have my happy face pizza with a glass of milk. Milk makes my body strong so I can fight the bad guys. In the evening, with the lights off I love seeing the sky smothered with stars. Connecting the dots to create a new imaginary friend is my nighttime ritual. Before I close my eyes I talk to my best friend, Pluto. He lives far away but I know he can hear me. Yes, his feelings are still hurt that he isn't a planet but maybe he will forgive everyone in a couple million years. Now, I say goodnight to the tree and all the creatures of the world.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your piece. Thank you for sharing something positive that left me with a smile. I especially like the way you described a day that is so very different than my own -- I miss "the sky smothered with stars!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sheer imagination behind this one, it reminds me of when I was young and my mind would make up all these wonderful things. Absolutely loved the Pluto line. I hope he does forgive us after a couple of million years :)

    ReplyDelete