Greetings from Westside Writers! Thank you for your interest in our critique group. If you wish to join, please read the page “About Us” prior to submitting your email introduction. If you have any questions, feel free to either comment on this post or email WestsideWriters503@gmail.com.
We understand that few writing groups ask potential members to apply, however we are looking for members who are serious about their work. We will accept requests for membership during March 2013. And remember, prior publication is not a requirement for membership, but you must have work in progress.
To request membership, please send an introductory email to WestsideWriters503@gmail.com and include the following:
- Your real name and pen name
- Where you are at as a writer? (eg: just starting, completed first novel, published, etc)
- What you are looking for in a critique group?
- Have you been published? If so, where?
- What are your plans for publishing?
- Please attach a 500-1000 word sample of a recent piece of your work in either DOC or PDF format. [Note: This will NOT be critiqued. It is your chance to provide members with a sense of your writing style and interests.]
Once you return your critique to WestsideWriters503@gmail.com, it and your introductory email will be forwarded to all members of the group. We will provide an email response within fourteen days to all who request membership. We hope to invite most who are interested in membership to attend an upcoming meeting, but please remember actual invitations will depend on the number of requests received and interest expressed.
From each of us at Westside Writers, we wish you both success and great personal satisfaction in your writing.